- SEO Articles
- SEO Pricing - How Much Does SEO Cost?
When setting an online marketing budget and looking for an SEO company, you’ll find SEO pricing is all over the place. It’s tough to answer the question, how much does SEO cost?
In this article, we’ll answer questions about how SEO is priced, but if you’d rather talk with an SEO expert and get a free personalized proposal for your business, you can reach us at 1-866-647-9218 or click the green “Get a Free Quote”button at the top of your screen.
by Justin Smith, CEO
Updated Apr 25, 2023
- How Much Does SEO Cost?
- What Affects The Cost of SEO?
- SEO Pricing Models
- SEO Hourly Rates
- One-Time SEO Costs
- Example SEO Plans
- Local SEO Pricing
- eCommerce SEO Pricing
- Benefits of SEO
- SEO Budget Considerations
- How Can You Tell If SEO Costs Are Worth It?
- Reputable SEO Service Providers
- SEO Pricing FAQs
How Much Does SEO Cost?
According to research, SEO costs ranged between $3,000 – $7,500 a month on average. The cost of SEO services varies depending on the competitiveness of the keywords targeted, services included, and the type of SEO agency you choose (US, overseas, freelancer, etc.) Local SEO campaigns were lower, averaging around $1,400 per month.
Want a quick SEO pricing overview? Watch our 3:43 video below!
Facts About SEO Pricing & Service Costs Include the Following:
- Average SEO costs are $100-$250 an hour for US SEO agencies
- SEO costs often range from $2,500 – $10,000 per month for US agencies
- The average SEO plan costs $2819 per month (per Ahrefs)
- Overseas SEO companies may charge $10-$50 an hour
- Beware of SEO’s guaranteeing results, it may be a scam
- Templated SEO packages are becoming less popular
- Custom SEO strategies are needed for the best results
- Watch hidden costs for link building
- SEO pricing is typically lower for local campaigns
- Higher SEO costs for eCommerce websites
- SEO Firms may have additional content creation fees
What Affects the Cost of SEO?
No matter who you ultimately trust to provide SEO services for your business, how much SEO ultimately costs depends onmanyvariables, including:
- The overall technical aptitude of your website and the CMS (content management system) for the content on the website.For example, OuterBox is a leading provider ofeCommerce website design, and the websites we build for our clients are designed to exceed the expectations that Google and other search engine algorithms demand. Having a technically sound site built with SEO and eCommerce best practices in mind makes it much, much easier to optimize effectively and efficiently. The majority of CMS out there significantly lacks in this area (looking at you,Magento).
- Existing visibility in organic search.If you’re starting with a brand-new website with zero domain authority and no rankings to speak of, expect to pay more or wait longer for tangible results.
- Existing brand awareness and exposure.See the previous point.
- Business goals and objectives.That includes the role you anticipate organic traffic from search engines like Google and Bing to play while working towards those goals.
- Competition.Overall competitiveness will vary depending on your industry and the set of keywords you need to target
- Urgency.SEO takes time to be effective, so quicker results require more time and resources.
- Target audience and demographic.Are you looking to run a national or global SEO campaign, or are you a local business operating within a confined geographical area? This may or may not affect the overall price of your SEO campaign.
- Expertise level of the company providing SEO services. Those with real expertise and in-depth capabilities tend to have proven results and therefore can demand higher rates. Because they deliver proven results time and time again, they are busier, have more online companies asking for their SEO services, and their services are worth more because of the organic traffic they create.
- Location of the SEO agency. Located in Akron, OH, OuterBox overheads are significantly lower than SEO agencies operating in NYC, for example, which helps us keep our SEO service prices down despite our proven skills and expertise. This may be a piece of the criteria you want to consider.
- Competency in your target language. While hiring a cheap SEO company based in India, for example, might sound like a great idea at first, be sure that the company you select has a firm grasp of the English language if you plan on optimizing your website for English speakers. This goes for any language. Also, consider time zones, communication, and other outside factors.
- Level of expertise in your niche. For example, our specialty at OuterBox iseCommerce SEOand lead generation SEO for B2B websites. Look for a company that has experience working in your industry, but be prepared to pay extra for that experience. Your results will be worth it.
SEO Pricing Models
Whether you hire an inexpensive SEO consultant from a foreign country (hint: India) or a nationally recognizedeCommerce SEO agency, there are a few different types of pricing models you can expect to see offered:
Retainer-Based SEO Pricing & Monthly Plans
Many SEO companies will offer monthly or annual contracts that revolve around a monthly calendar. At OuterBox, we create our strategies several months in advance and reflect on our work, results, and progress on at least a monthly basis. A two-way street of communication between the SEO agency and client is crucial to achieving the very best results possible. It is important to note that while we offer monthly plans, we do not offer one-size-fits-all SEO monthly packages, since that kind of approach to SEO isn’t the most effective. Many monthly packages offered by other companies will include a set number and type of services, such as articles written, backlinks gained, and pages optimized. These types of “turnkey” packages are often sold by inferior SEO agencies who are more concerned with delivering a specified amount of tangible work each month than producing results.
Beware of any companies promising to build a specified amount of backlinks per month, especially since the quality and relevancy of backlinks pointing to your website is significantly more important than the quantity. While our planned tasks and SEO activities are scheduled on a monthly basis for organization and streamlining workflow, our strategies are not confined by these types of “per-assembled” monthly packages.Our SEO services are instead customized so that we are always working on what we know will deliver the greatest ROI.
SEO Hourly Rates
The short answer is thatSEO pricing ranges anywhere from $50 per hour to over $250 per hourdepending on theSEO agency you hire. The SEO-famous Neil Patel ostensibly charges up to $5,000 just for an initial hour-long consultation. All of that is not to say that your neighbor’s daughter down the street who is “good with computers” won’t offer to do it for $200 a month, and heck, she might even know what she’s doing! We’re also not saying that Neil Patel might not be worth that $5,000 price (spoiler alert: if you’re not a Fortune 500 company, he most likely isn’t).
One-Time SEO Costs
If you are ready to hire an SEO company, or even just anSEO consultant to perform specific SEO services, some SEO companies do offer á la carte services or one-time SEO projects. Most commonly this comes in the form of an SEO audit, but could simply performing optimizations on the website only one-time, without an ongoing contract.
An SEO audit is a comprehensive examination of a website’s search engine optimization performance. Think of it as a doctor’s check-up for your website’s health. Just like a doctor assesses your physical health, an SEO audit evaluates your website’s technical structure, content quality, and visibility on search engines. The purpose of the audit is to identify any issues that may be hindering your website’s ability to rank high on search engine results pages (SERPs). Once the audit is complete you may decide to hire an SEO company or you may opt to tackle the project in-house to save on costs.
The average cost of an SEO audit is around $5,000-$10,000 when working with a reputable, experienced SEO agency.
Example SEO Plans
Many companies offers different levels of SEO services and the services, or amount of services, provided within each plan is different. Below are example SEO plans that will help you to better understand the difference between a basic SEO plan and an enterprise level SEO campaign.
Example Basic SEO Plan Pricing
Basic SEO plans can range from $250-$3,000 a month and typically include:
- Local / Regional Focus
- Keyword Research (50-100 Keywords)
- Analytics Setup & Configuration
- Monthly Strategy Discussion
- Title Tag & Meta Tag Creation
- Internal Link Building (Crosslinking)
- Content Editing & Optimization
- Basic On-Site Optimization
- Monthly Custom Report
- Monthly Review Call
Example Enterprise SEO Plan Pricing
Enterprise SEO plans can range from $5,000 – $25,000+ a month and typically include:
- Competitive Keywords / Nationwide Focus
- Keyword Research (500+ Keywords)
- Analytics Setup & Configuration
- Monthly Strategy Discussion
- Title Tag & Meta Tag Creation
- Technical SEO – (Robots.txt, Sitemap, etc.)
- Speed Optimization / Image Optimization
- Internal Link Building (Crosslinking)
- Content Creation, Optimization & Editing
- Advanced On-Site / Code Optimization
- Offsite Link Building
- Conversion Optimization
- AB / Variation Testing
- Heat Map / Usability Reports
- Monthly Custom Report
- Monthly Personalized Review Call
Get Your Free SEO Quote
We help companies rank page #1 and reach their true potential online. We’ll show you exactly what we’ll do, how much it’ll cost, and how we’re going to crush your competitors.
Want to get the ball rolling quicker? Call 1-866-647-9218.
Quote Request - SEO
Form for SEO specific landing pages
We'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Monday - Friday.
For immediate service, call us at
Offices open 9-5 EST.
Local SEO Pricing
We hinted above that local SEO services may be more affordable than attempting to rank nationally for the same set of keywords, but geographical target area is just one variable that affects the cost. Also, many local business need an SEO campaign that focuses on different strategies, such as ranking in Google Map results.
The reason local SEO often costs less is simply the competition isn’t a great. Usually within a local SEO strategy city modifiers are added to the end or beginning of the main keyword, making ranking for that term much more achievable.
Local SEO pricing is still subject to the same variables that we’ve touched on above, but typically ranges from $250 – $3,000 a month.
eCommerce SEO Pricing
The cost of SEO for an eCommerce website can be influenced by a number of factors, including your competition, the size of your website, how long your website has been around, and the niche you’re in.
Competition: The level of competition for the keywords you are targeting will have a significant impact on the cost of SEO. If you are targeting highly competitive keywords, you may need to invest more resources in order to outrank your competitors.
Size of the website: The size of your eCommerce website, in terms of the number of pages, products, and categories, can also impact the cost of SEO. More complex websites typically require more time and resources to optimize for search engines. Consider that adding content to category pages is a big part of an SEO strategy, if content needs to be written for 5,000 pages compared to 500 pages, the cost of the campaign will be greater or the amount months it takes to fully optimize the website will be longer.
eCommerce SEO Pricing Facts to Know Include:
- eCommerce SEO services typically are more expensive
- Average of $150-$300 an hour for US SEO companies
- Expect to pay $2,000 – $10,000+ a month
- Beware of SEO agencies without eCommerce experience
- Plans cost more with content creation/writing included
- Expect additional fees for link building services
Benefits of SEO
Why Is SEO Important?
With more than5 billion Google searches a day, it’s important to be in front of your customers when they are looking for your products or services. Potential customers searching on Google or other search engines are “actively engaged”, meaning they are looking for YOU. If you’re at the top of the search your chance to capture that traffic increase significantly. Did you know that over 30% of people click on the first organic search result on Google? That means if a keyword is a search 10,000 times per month, by being number 1 on Google you could receive upwards of 2,500 free visits a month. Unless you have a massive paid search budget (and don’t mind spending it), ranking organically is vitally important to the success of your integrated digital marketing strategy.
Watch the video below to learn more about SEO and the basics of an SEO campaign.
How Can SEO Impact My Website?
SEO can make a major impact on your business. By ranking at the top of Google for your most searched keywords you’ll increase the visibility of your website in the search engine result pages which leads to more website traffic and online sales. SEO can also make a major impact on your marketing budget since you don’t have to pay for every click and every visitor that comes to your website, meaning you’ll have a higher profit margin on each sales that comes from organic search.
A good way to look at the ROI of an SEO campaign is to look at the traffic value of organic traffic using a tool such as Ahrefs. This number is based on how much organic traffic you’re driving from your campaign and how much each cost per click would cost if you were running a paid search campaign.
Additionally, having a top-ranking website can result in increased conversions, as users are more likely to trust websites that rank at the top of the search results. Furthermore, having a strong online presence can help improve the overall perception of your business, helping to establish your brand and create a more favorable image in the minds of your audience and boost sales across all marketing channels.
SEO Budget Considerations
When setting a budget for your SEO campaign be sure to consider what you can afford to spend. Remember, SEO doesn’t happen over night and takes time to get results, so you want to be sure you’re paying an amount that you’re comfortable investing for 12-18 months. Also, be sure to consider the contract of the agency you select. Some SEO companies have annual agreements while others are month-to-month, giving you more flexibility in your budget.
Other budget items to consider include the following:
- Goals and objectives: What do you want to achieve through SEO? Increased traffic? Higher rankings? More sales? Having a clear understanding of your goals will help you and your SEO agency determine how much you need to invest in order to achieve them.
- Competition: The level of competition for your target keywords will play a big role in determining the budget for SEO services. The more competitive your target keywords, the more resources you may need to invest in order to rank well. Ask potential SEO agencies to analyze the competition and if there are certain competitors you want to outperform, be sure to have that discussion.
- Current website status: An SEO audit will give you a good understanding of the current state of your website and the work that needs to be done in order to improve its ranking. This will help you determine the resources required and, in turn, the budget needed for SEO services.
If you’re looking for immediate results and need to drive sales quickly,you likely would benefit by supplementing your SEO efforts with paid advertising, such as a Google Ads campaign, to begin with. OuterBox also offers some of the nation’s leading AdWords management services, so talk with us about how we can help your campaign be as successful as possible.
How Can You Tell if SEO Costs Are Worth It?
When it comes to driving traffic to your website, SEO can be one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies available. You do have other options as well, such as paid search marketing through Google Ads. When thinking about your SEO investment and you’re asking yourself “is it worth it”, consider how much the same amount of traffic would cost via paid search. If the amount is more, then your SEO traffic and spend are a value. If the answer is you could buy each visit for less, it may be worth questioning the SEO company you’re working with.
Another good way to look at the ROI of SEO is by looking at the number of sales and leads you’re driving through organic traffic. If you’re spending $5,000 a month on SEO, driving $250,000 a month in online sales, and you have a profit margin of 20%, you’re well into the green by $45,000 a month. Using some of this basic math and thinking about your SEO investment in this way can really help you to feel comfortable paying your invoice each month.
Choose an SEO Company That Will Provide Value
Generally speaking, you do get what you pay for with SEO, but there is a certain amount of vetting one needs to do before choosing an SEO company. Here are some tips on that:
- Look for proven results.Look for case studies and ask the companies you’re considering to give some real examples of their success. If they struggle or hesitate to provide you with any success stories, odds are they haven’t had much success.
- Listen to past clients.Read reviews both on their site and on 3rd party websites. Keep in mind that even the best companies (SEO and otherwise) will always have a few negative reviews, so take those mostly with a grain of salt. Instead, look for overarching trends, and if you see any recurring red flags, you should likely move on.
- Talk with the team directly.Ask to get on a call with the actual employees that would be managing your SEO account or to speak to whoever oversees the SEO department. It’s not unreasonable for you to want to know a little bit more about the people you’ll be paying to work on your website and what strategies they might be implementing to improve your search results, especially when going with a more legitimate agency.
- Learn to spot a shady strategy.Read up about “black-hat SEO” and be sure that any of the strategies the salespeople discuss with you don’t seem to violate any of Google’s guidelines. At OuterBox, we are a strictly white-hat SEO company, which means we work within the rules of Google to ensure your site is never penalized as a result of the work we do. That would be entirely counterproductive!
- Try a few and compare.Consider purchasing standaloneSEO audit servicesfrom several companies, and then compare the findings of those audits. You may pay a little extra at the get-go, but you’ll have a better chance of choosing the best company. After selecting an SEO company to work with, share those findings with your new SEO company to ensure any valuable discoveries you paid for are leveraged accordingly.
An Example of Our Client’s Results – 200% Traffic Increase
Beware! Unfortunately, assuming that those companies charging the most must, therefore, have the most expertise or “best SEO services” is seldom a practical approach. If you’re in charge of choosing an SEO company for your business, no matter what the price, select the company that instills the most confidence in its ability to deliver an ROI on the budget your business decides to allocate to SEO services.
Reputable SEO Service Providers
To get an idea of pricing for your SEO campaign work with an experienced, well-reviewed SEO service provider. Below is a list of reputable SEO companies that we recommend.
Team Size: 90+
Location: Akron, OH
Team Size: 50
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Team Size: 50
Location:Boca Raton, FL
SEO PRICING FAQ's
On average how much does an SEO campaign cost?
Most reputable US based agencies charge between $100-$250 per hour. How many hours you’ll need each month to meet your goals and expectations all depends on how competitive your industry is and where you currently rank.We offer free SEO estimates.
Why do some companies charge only a few hundred dollars a month?
The SEO companies who charge only a few hundred a month typically send their work overseas. Often you’ll find poor copywriting, low quality backlinks and poor results with these types of campaign. BEWARE: A cheap SEO campaign can hurt your website more than it can help!
Is there a standard price for SEO?
Since every SEO company operates differently, there is not a standard price for SEO services. The price is based on the SEO agency’s location, payroll expenses, and many outside factors.
How long does it take to get SEO results?
The amount of time it takes to get SEO results all depends on where you currently rank. If you’re on page 50 for your desired keywords it will take longer to get to page 1 than if you’re on page 3 already. Within our free consultation we’ll determine how long it’ll take to get you where you want to be.
Does SEO cost more for different CMS platforms?
The complexity of your platform can affect the cost of SEO. For example, SEO for WordPress is typically less complicated than a campaign for Shopify. This is due to the technical knowledge needed and the ease of adding new elements to templates, the core SEO features SEO plug-ins available, and more. SEO can be performed on all CMS or eCommerce store platforms, some are just a bit trickier than others.
Still Have Questions About SEO Pricing?
We hope this article helps clear up some of the confusion and that we have empowered you to make a more informed decision about the SEO company that is best for your business. If you have any remaining questions or would like to discuss your website with an SEO expert, please give us a call now at 866-647-9218 or request a quote below.
Justin Smith is the Founder & CEO at OuterBox. He’s has more than 20 years of experience in SEO, paid search, eCommerce and digital marketing. His accomplishments have been referenced by many well-known publications and industry experts such as Forbes, Neil Patel, Clutch, CNBC, USA Today and more.
SEO pricing varies and depends on factors like the SEO plan, service provider, and more. Most SEO projects in 2023 cost between $1500-$5,000 per month based on the project scope. A one-time project will range between $5,000-$30,000 and hourly rates for consultants fall between $100-$300 per hour.How much does SEO cost in 2023? ›
On average, quality SEO should cost $3,000+/month, at an average hourly rate of $150+. SEO campaigns can cost anywhere from $5,000/mo to $100,000+/month depending on the vertical. Local SEO can be slightly lower.How much does SEO typically cost? ›
How much does SEO cost? While many businesses pay between $1,500 to $5,000 per month for SEO, you could pay as little as $100 per month or upwards of $30,000, depending on several factors. SEO pricing can vary largely depending on the size of your business, the scope of your project, and your SEO provider.How much should you budget for SEO? ›
While there is no set cost for SEO services, most businesses should expect to budget between $500 and $5,000 per month for SEO. The actual SEO cost will depend on factors such as the size of the business, the competitiveness of the industry, and the desired results.How much does SEO cost per month for website? ›
SEO charges in India are between INR 5000 and 25000 per month (60,000 - 3,00,000 a year). The ROI and whether or not any shortcuts/risks were taken in the process could result in your site being punished later. Some SEO services are affordable, but many are not.Is SEO worth it in 2023? ›
Now, these are enough reasons why SEO is worth the investment in 2023. Not only does it help businesses rank higher in search engine results but it allows them to target users across multiple channels, such as voice search, mobile devices and social media.Is SEO still relevant in 2023? ›
Yes, SEO is still relevant in 2023, and it will be for the foreseeable future. That's because SEO is what helps search engines crawl and categorize your website so that it can better rank web pages when users type in a search query. Search engines like Google aim to help users find answers to their questions.Is it worth paying for SEO? ›
Generally speaking, the more people search for something, the more competitive and difficult it is to rank for the said thing. That's why if you're new to the SEO game, then it's likely worth it to go after low-competition keywords to start—as long as they're still relevant to your business.Does SEO have a cost per click? ›
This is done with a keyword research tool that provides Average CPC data. The advertiser can then look for keywords that have a low Average CPC. For instance, the keyword 'seo software' has an average CPC of $7.88.Why is SEO so expensive? ›
If you want to know why SEO is so expensive, it's because there are different subsets of SEO, like local SEO, that companies need to use to compete with other businesses. If you want to see successful results with your campaign, you must optimize for local searches, too.
According to a survey of 1,200 business owners and over 350 agencies, freelancers, and consultants, the average cost of SEO for Small Business is $501-$1,000 per month globally. The average cost of SEO for small businesses in the United States is $2,501 to $5,000 per month.What does monthly SEO include? ›
Monthly SEO services, also called ongoing monthly SEO services, are month-to-month SEO services that work to improve your rankings in search results. Most monthly SEO services include on-page and off-page optimizations, like keyword targeting, link building, content writing, and more.How much does SEO cost per project? ›
Project-based SEO will usually cost around $1,500 to $5,000 for a smaller project. For large SEO campaigns that require more work, you could expect to pay as much as $25,000+. Monthly retainers vary a lot. Expect to pay $1,500 to $5,000 per month for an average website.How long does SEO take per month? ›
Many SEO firms will tell you that it takes 4 to 6 months to start seeing results. That's generally accurate, but bear in mind this is when you start seeing results, and SEO results grow over time. Whatever results you're getting at 6 months should be considerably less than what you're getting at 12 months.What is a SEO package? ›
An SEO package is a concierge service, in which a specialist business dedicates itself to improving search engine results. An SEO package will focus on the 250+ factors that Google consider when assigning a page ranking.How long does it take to do SEO? ›
It typically takes between 3–6 months for SEO to show results. That's according to the ~4,300 people who responded to our polls on LinkedIn and Twitter.What is the best SEO strategy for 2023? ›
- Identify the right keywords. Keywords are super important for SEO. ...
- Create relevant content. ...
- Optimize page titles and descriptions. ...
- Optimize images. ...
- Use internal links. ...
- Optimize URLs. ...
- Reduce website load time. ...
- Build quality backlinks.
This is the quick answer on how long SEO takes to start working in 2023: At least 6 months. It a considerable amount of time to notice good results from your SEO efforts (if you've done it right!). However, 6-12 months is the ideal time frame as you will see positive gains from your SEO strategies.Which is the best SEO tool for 2023? ›
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Level: Beginner through to advanced. ...
- Clearscope. Level: All levels. ...
- Semrush. Level: Intermediate through to advanced. ...
- Ahrefs. Level: Advanced. ...
- Moz. Level: Beginner through to intermediate. ...
- Surfer SEO. Level: All levels. ...
- SE Ranking. Level: All levels. ...
- Google Ads will give in to organic search. ...
- Featured and zero-click snippets will become a go. ...
- E-A-T carries on. ...
- AI content will be overused. ...
- Google will pay more attention to entities. ...
- Google Shopping will rule e-commerce. ...
- Visual search will become more popular.
- Poor website structure and organization. ...
- Thin or low-quality content. ...
- Lack of mobile responsiveness. ...
- Slow page load times. ...
- Lack of on-page optimization. ...
- Ineffective or outdated keyword research. ...
- Poor link quality and quantity. ...
- Lack of local SEO optimization.
Will SEO exist in 5 years? Yes, SEO will exist for the foreseeable future. Businesses rely on SEO to ensure their content appears in SERPs, even as algorithms and features adapt to users' needs. This won't change within the next handful of years.Should you pay monthly for SEO? ›
SEO agencies give you access to dedicated professionals that can enhance your online presence and scale your business. A monthly retainer with a reputable SEO agency is the best strategy to improve organic traffic to your website.Do I need to pay for monthly SEO? ›
Technically, SEO is free. You're not paying money for SERP placement. Google ranks content based on a number of factors including the E-A-T trio: Expertise, Authority, and Trust. They're going to highly rank those who are seen as valuable resources for users.Can I do SEO without paying? ›
SEO can be built to have a strong foundation and then maintained for a relatively low-cost in comparison with PPC or Google Ads. If you want to rank higher in Google without paying - with money - you'll always end up paying in time. You'll have to learn these methods of ranking which can take years to achieve.What's a good cost per click? ›
What is a good CPC rate? A good CPC (cost per click) rate is determined by your ROI on the spend. If something costs $1, you want to make at least $1.20 back (at a minimum). A really good CPC rate would be to get $2 back for every $1 spent.Is SEO cheaper than Google Ads? ›
SEO is cheaper in the long run.
And when these customers decide to click on your link, it comes at zero cost, unlike a PPC campaign where you pay per click.
Average cost-per-click (avg. CPC) is calculated by dividing the total cost of your clicks by the total number of clicks. Your average CPC is based on your actual cost-per-click (actual CPC), which is the actual amount you're charged for a click on your ad.How much does SEO cost per hour? ›
Hiring an experienced SEO freelancer or agency by the hour typically costs anywhere between $50-$150 per hour. Of course, you can find people that charge significantly less or more than this hourly rate. For example, this SEO hourly rate breakdown found that 6% of SEO providers charge over $200/hour.Can you pay Google for SEO? ›
There's no cost to appear in organic search results like Google's, and making changes to improve your website's SEO, can greatly impact your search rankings over time. Learn more about how Google organic search works and find tips for getting started here.
As of Apr 26, 2023, the average annual pay for a Freelance SEO in the United States is $63,781 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $30.66 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,226/week or $5,315/month.How do SEO get paid? ›
- Selling productized SEO services. Selling productized SEO services or, in other words, creating standardized versions of services sold as products is a great way to make money with SEO. ...
- Content writing. ...
- Start a niche site. ...
- Create an e-commerce or dropshipping site. ...
- Website flipping. ...
- SEO training. ...
- SEO consulting.
SEO should show results within a 6- to 12-month period. By results, we mean a measurable increase in traffic and associated leads or conversions.How many hours per week does SEO take? ›
It can take as little as two hours for a single blog post to rank; two weeks for a competitive landing page to rank; six months for a series of pages to rank, or over a year for a brand new site to see SEO traction. The generic '4-6 months' answer is exactly that, generic.How often should SEO be done? ›
SEO is not something that you can do once at the set up of your website and forgotten about. To stay relevant and useful in terms of Google and other search engines, it needs to be carried out once a month to ensure that the right keywords and phrases are still used on your website and its pages.How do you calculate SEO cost efficiency? ›
Companies can calculate SEO's return on investment by looking at search engine rankings, organic website traffic, and goal completions, and then using the ROI SEO formula: (Gain from Investment – Cost of Investment) / Cost of Investment.How much is SEO outsourcing? ›
The average cost of SEO services is $100-$149 per hour. The vast majority of SEO agencies we recommend quote this price range (therefore it's the modal average). Higher-end agencies that cater to large enterprises, such as Major Tom and OuterBox, charge $150-$199 per hour.How much should I charge for SEO monthly? ›
Small scale SEO pricing packages range between $400-$900 per month. Comprehensive Local SEO services can be as much as $4,000 per month. Most businesses have budgets that range from $500/month to $10,000/month. Large SEO projects cost an average of $1,500-$5,000 per month.How much traffic can I get from SEO? ›
The average SEO campaign generates 1000 percent more traffic than the average social media campaign. In other words, you can't afford to let your SEO strategy fall by the wayside.
Most professionals expect to see results in as low as 2 months, but SEO can take as much as 12 months to work. While every company's SEO strategy differs, most businesses can expect to see considerable results in 6 to 12 months.What are 3 main areas of SEO? ›
- On-page SEO – Anything on your web pages – Blogs, product copy, web copy.
- Off-page SEO – Anything which happens away from your website that helps with your SEO Strategy- Backlinks.
- Technical SEO – Anything technical undertaken to improve Search Rankings – site indexing to help bot crawling.
If you can learn SEO for a couple of hours every day, then you can master the basics of SEO within 4-8 weeks and land your first SEO job in 3-6 months. If you can learn SEO full-time, then you can master the basics even within 1-2 weeks.Is it hard to do your own SEO? ›
SEO is simply not as hard as people pretend like it is; you can get 95% of the effort with 5% of the work, and you absolutely do not need to hire a professional SEO to do it, nor will it be hard to start ranking for well-picked key terms.Is SEO easy or difficult? ›
SEO is not necessarily hard to learn, but it does take time, effort, and persistence. If you are just starting and know nothing about search engines and how they work, you can expect to feel a bit overwhelmed initially, especially if you are trying to learn SEO on your own. However, it is important to keep trying.What is the scope of SEO in 2023? ›
In 2023, SEO may be more focused on mobile search, personalization, and voice search. There may also be more emphasis on quality content and user experience. As technology continues to develop, so too will the field of SEO.What are the expert SEO and Google algorithm predictions for 2023? ›
Based on our prediction, the year 2023 will have a well-rounded marketing strategy. People who are likely to step back will witness the bigger picture, interpret the keyword intent, consider the experience of the users, and provide good-quality content.How many months does SEO take? ›
The short answer is between 4-12 months. The longer answer has to do with all those factors we discussed that tie into your SEO strategy. If you target low-competition keywords, you can start to see results within 4-6 months.How to master SEO 2023? ›
- Focus on on-page SEO. In 2023, on-page optimization remains one of the easiest ways to boost your rankings on Google. ...
- Don't neglect technical SEO. ...
- Don't settle for low-quality content (ever) ...
- Create internal links. ...
- Include LSI keywords. ...
- “E-A-T” more. ...
- Match search intent. ...
- Improve your bounce rate.
- On-page SEO. Our Beginners Guide to SEO outlines the basics of search engine optimization, and on-page SEO is one of the easiest and most common ways to boost site visibility. ...
- Off-page SEO. ...
- Local SEO. ...
- Technical SEO.
There is nothing to suggest thus far that AI will replace SEO or SEO specialists. While AI has become a powerful resource to supplement SEO and get redundant tasks out of the way faster, humans are still very much needed for strategy & editorial work.How often should you change SEO? ›
So, how often should you update old posts for SEO? Optimally, once in three months is a great frequency, but if your time boundaries are too tight, revisiting your keyword use once every 6 months is also a viable option.How to rank on Google in 2023? ›
- High-quality Content.
- Search Intent and Content Relevancy.
- Website Loading Speed.
- Mobile Friendliness.
- Domain Authority.
- Keyword Optimization.
- Website Structure.
These efforts will help you connect with potential customers, but they're not sustainable marketing strategies. PPC and social media advertising tends to be more costly and the clicks might not always lead to sales. In the long term, SEO is far more economically viable, even during a recession.How much do freelance SEO make? ›
How much does a Freelance SEO make? As of Apr 27, 2023, the average annual pay for a Freelance SEO in the United States is $63,781 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $30.66 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,226/week or $5,315/month.